This post will give you information about steps needed to perform in Oracle Database before installing IBM BPM software.
- Install Oracle Database. Express edition is good for beginners.
- Download Oracle Sql Developer and Configure it to installed database, it will make your life easy. No need to write script for everything.
- Login to database with system account. And create a Tablespace. Here is script to create tablespace.
CREATE TABLESPACE BPMDUMP
datafile 'c:\oraclexe\bpm.dbf' size 500M autoextend off
extent management local;
- Go to Others -> Create Users and Create Process DB user, Performance DB user and Common DB user.
- Enter User Name, Password. (You can follow these names for DB users. BPMDB, COMDB, PDWDB and keep same password)
- Select the default tablespace as BPMDUMP and temporary tablespace as TEMP.